Saturday, November 6, 2010

Roadtripping With National Lampoon's Vacation on the Holiday Road


The picture above was taken from the opening credits of National Lampoon's Vacation. I believe the Griswold family is passing through Dallas in this particular picture, as that appears to be Reunion Tower on the right.

I can think of no other Roadtripping movie that I have enjoyed more than National Lampoon's Vacation. The Griswolds travel cross country with Wally World as their big destination. They are on the road in a station wagon.

When my mom and dad took me and my siblings to Disneyland, it was via a Roadtrip in a station wagon. Ours was not as dysfunctional a family, as the Griswolds, nor as amusing.

In the opening credits to National Lampoon's Vacation Lindsey Buckingham's Holiday Road provides the music. This is one of my favorite songs. It's a great Roadtripping tune. You can hear it below...

No comments: