Who wants to go on a Roadtrip with me? Sponsored by Sears.
Sears Auto Center is going to pick 21 teams and send them on one-week Roadtrips traveling some of America's most scenic roads.
You can sign up at exploringmyamerica.com. You'll have to submit an audition video which shows you are capable of recording your Daytripping Roadtripping.
Starting on July 11 three teams will be starting off weekly over the next 7 weeks on the various Roadtrips. You vehicle will get a 21 point inspection from a Sears Auto Center. You will also get $500 in Sears Auto Center credits in case you need help along the way. You will get $1,500 to cover your travel expenses. And an HD video camcorder.
Whoever turns in the best video each week will get a $500 cash prize.
There are 9 Routes to choose from, with the 9 Roadtrips divided into 21 segments. I have been on a few of the Routes, but have only Roadtripped on in its entirety, that being the Pacific Coast Route.
The 9 Roadtripping Routes...(all segments can be done in reverse)
1) PACIFIC COAST---Olympic National Park, starting in Forks, Washington to San Diego, California, Roadtripping on Highway 101
Segment 1: Olympic National Park, Forks, WA to Humboldt Redwood State Park, Weott, CA
Segment 2: Humboldt Redwood State Park, Weott, CA to San Diego, CA
2) ROUTE 66---Chicago to Los Angeles, CA on Route 66
Segment 1: Chicago, IL to Amarillo, TX
Segment 2: Amarillo, TX to Los Angeles, CA
3) COAST TO COAST---Oregon Coast to Provincetown, Massachusetts on Route 20)
Segment 1: Cannon Beach, Oregon to Casper, Wyoming
Segment 2: Casper, WY to Chicago, Illinois
Segment 3: Chicago, IL to Provincetown, MA
4) ATLANTIC COAST---New York City to Key West, Florida on Route 1
Segment 1: New York City, NY to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Segment 2: Myrtle Beach, SC to Key West, FL
5) ROAD TO NOWHERE---South Padre Island, Texas to Bismarck, North Dakota on Highway 83)
Segment 1: South Padre Island, TX to Liberal, KS
Segment 2: Liberal, KS to Bismarck, ND
6) APPALACHIAN TRAIL---Atlanta, Georgia to Gorham, New Hampshire on various routes including Blue Ridge Parkway
Segment 1: Atlanta, GA to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
Segment 2: Gettysburg, PA to Gorham, NH
7) LONELIEST ROAD---San Francisco, CA to Ocean City, Maryland on Highway 50)
Segment 1: San Francisco, CA to Arches National Park, Moab, Utah
Segment 2: Arches National Park, Moab, UT to Kansas City, Missouri
Segment 3: Kansas City, MO to Ocean City, MD
8) GREAT RIVER ROAD---Grand Rapid, Minnesota to New Orleans, Louisiana on various routes along the Mississippi River
Segment 1: Grand Rapids, MN to St Louis, MO
Segment 2: St Louis, MO to New Orleans, LA
9) DIXIE OVERLAND HIGHWAY---Savannah, Georgia to San Diego, California on Highway 80)
Segment 1: Savannah GA to Shreveport, Louisiana
Segment 2: Shreveport, LA to El Paso, Texas
Segment 3: El Paso, TX to San Diego, CA
The Loneliest Road Route's first segment Roadtrips from San Francisco to Arches National Park. I believe it is named the Loneliest Road Route because part of the route is on the Loneliest Road in America, Highway 50 through Nevada.
Much of Route 66 is no longer in existence, but there are long sections of it where you drive back in time to a different era, like Route 66 in Oklahoma.
I must go work on my Sears Exploring My America audition video now...